Like Carbon Monoxide, movement dysfunction is the “silent killer” of athletic performance. Often going undetected until it is too late, inefficient movement patterns will sacrifice strength, power and speed while breaking down healthy tissue. Early on, these patterns can be recognized by a performance plateau or later on will be realized as pain and injury. Coaches opting to participate in a team screen are taking an important step in ensuring the highest performance and durability of their athletes. Screens are a critical tool for early intervention and are extremely useful in tracking progress through a training season.
There are 2 types of Screens available:
Level 1 Screen:
- FREE (subject to availability)
- Takes about 5 minutes per participant.
- Examines three patterns of movement per lower extremity.
- Patterns are measured and analyzed for dysfunction and symmetry.
- Athletes at Moderate and High Risk for Injury
- Movement restrictions and inefficiencies that sacrifice performance and skill acquisition.
Level 2 Screen:
- Costs $20 per athlete.
- Takes about 15 minutes per participant
- 7 movement tests that assess total body function and performance
- Tests are scored and movement is objectively graded.
- Athlete injury-risk category: low, moderate, high
- Limitations in mobility at the lower extremities, spine and the upper extremities
- Stability and control of the lower extremities, trunk, spine and upper extremities
- Inadequate functional flexibility
Coaches, please find more information here.
Parents, please find more information here.